Spring Cottage Life Show Contest
Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ANY PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Contest Sponsors: The Contest is sponsored by Blue Ant Media Inc. dba Cottage Life (“Cottage Life”). This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by Cottage Life. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and, by entering the Contest, will be deemed to have received, understood and accepted the Rules.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts at 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) on February 10th and continues until 11:59 PM (Eastern Daylight Time) on March 31st (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age or older. Employees of Cottage Life and its parent and affiliated companies and subsidiaries, and immediate family members of any such person (regardless of where they live) or those with whom any such persons are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary. An individual may enter the Contest by completing this form or mail your entry to: Cottage Life Media c/o Blue Ant Media 99 Atlantic Ave., Suite 400, Toronto, ON M6K 3J8 during the Contest Period. All entries must be accompanied by the entrant’s name, phone number, email and mailing address. There is a one entry per person limit for the duration of the Contest, regardless of method of entry.
- Aviva Opt In: When submitting their entry to the Contest, all Contest entrants will be provided with an opportunity to opt in to receive information about insurance products offered by various insurance companies that are part of the Aviva Canada group of companies. Entrants who opt in to receive such information may receive said information from a licensed insurance broker selected by Aviva Canada Inc. (“Aviva”) via email or posted mail.
- Entrant Identity: If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- Prize: Win one (1) grand prize of a $5,000 CAD gift card or five (5) secondary prizes of a $1,000 CAD gift card from Cottage Toys (each a “Prize”). Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not substitutable, transferable or convertible to cash.
- Winner Determination: The winner will be selected on or around March 31st at Cottage Life’s office at 99 Atlantic Ave, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Once an entrant has been selected as a winner of either the grand prize or one of the secondary prizes, that entrant will no longer be eligible to win any other Prize.
Cottage Life will contact the selected entrants using the e-mail address provided to enter the Contest. If a selected entrant does not acknowledge winner notification attempts within forty-eight (48) hours after Cottage Life’s first attempt at contact or, if contacted, does not claim his/her Prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the selected entrant will be disqualified and forfeits his/her Prize. Upon disqualification and forfeiture by the initially selected entrant, another entrant may be selected by random draw from among all remaining eligible entries whom Cottage Life will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification and forfeiture in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected entrant who meets Contests requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. Cottage Life is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
Cottage Life will not be responsible for the use and/or consumption of the products awarded in the Contest. The winners may or may not use the products at their own discretion, if they so choose. Cottage Life assumes no liability.
- Prize Substitution: Any Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and non-refundable, has no cash-surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Cottage Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value to the substituted or modified Prize for any reason.
- Winner Conditions: To be declared a winner, a selected entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with the Rules; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by Contest Sponsor; and (iii) if required by Cottage Life, sign and return a Declaration and Release form within a specified period of time confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and releasing the Releasees (as defined below) from liability in connection with the Contest. If the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question or fails to sign and return a Declaration and Release form as required or is otherwise ineligible, the selected entrant will be considered to have forfeited the Prize and an alternate entrant will be selected in the manner described above. The alternate entrant will be subject to these same winner conditions. This process will continue until a selected entrant meets all winner conditions or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first.
- Tampering: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Rules may be disqualified by Cottage Life. Cottage Life takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win a Prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that entrant. Cottage Life assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet, the website or any social media accounts during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or social media sites, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Cottage Life reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Modification/Termination: Subject to applicable law, Cottage Life reserves the right, in their sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify the Rules of the Contest at any time without notice if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of Cottage Life corrupts the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of Cottage Life.
- Publicity: By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees that Cottage Life and its designees may use his/her name, photographs, videos, likenesses, city of residence, biographical information, Prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Release and Liability: By entering this Contest entrants forever release and hold harmless Aviva Cottage Life and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, its affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, as applicable, (collectively the “Releasees”) from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, or while preparing for and/or participating in any Contest and/or Prize-related activity.
- Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Cottage Life in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.